Full-Time City of Joshua Employee Benefits
- Texas Municipal Retirement System 7% 2 to 1 match
- Group medical, dental and life insurance with employee premiums paid
- Supplemental major medical benefits available through AFLAC
- 10 paid holidays
- 2 weeks vacation after the first year
- 12 days of sick leave
PUBLIC WORKS CREW MEMBER (2 Positions available)
The City of Joshua invites qualified individuals to apply for the position of the Public Works Crew Member. Duties include assisting in maintenance and repair of city streets, drainage cleaning, and building and grounds maintenance.
- High School diploma or GED
- Class C Texas Driver’s License; Class B or CDL preferred
- Construction related experience is preferred
- Knowledge of using a backhoe, crack sealer, dump truck, front-end loader, jackhammer, and various hand tools
Joshua police officers enforce state and municipal laws in a city with a growing population of approximately 7,000 on the southern side of Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex. Officers assist victims of crime, respond to disturbances, investigate offenses, enforce traffic laws, investigate crashes, and partner with the community to enhance the quality of life for residents and visitors.
$42,962 – Certified Texas Peace Officer
$44,714 – 3+ years recognized experience with a similar sized or larger agency
Must be at least 21 years old. Possess a Basic Certification issued by TCOLE. High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Must be of good moral character. Must pass background investigation, polygraph test, medical exam, and psychological exam. Must pass oral interview, physical fitness test, and a written test.
Applications accepted until September 6th and testing is scheduled September 8th.