Careers / Recruiting
Joshua Police Department
The City of Joshua is located in the heart of Johnson County with a population of almost 7,000 residents. We embrace a community policing philosophy where individuals concerns are heard in order to provide long-term solutions to the community. We strive to create a safe environment for our residents to live and businesses to prosper. Joshua Police Department stays true to its mission of providing exceptional safety, reducing the threat of crime and promoting justice and opportunity.
Join Us in Joshua for this Great Opportunity!
- STARTING SALARY $60,678
- CITY PAID EMPLOYEE PREMIUMS FOR HEALTH AND DENTAL
- 20 YEAR RETIREMENT
- RETIREMENT – TMRS 2:1
- UNIFORMS AND WEAPON PROVIDED
- Age: Applicants must be 21 years of age.
- Preferred Education: High School Diploma or GED and 12 hours in core subject from an accredited college or university with a minimum 2.50 GPA on a 4.0 scale OR an honorable discharge from the US Military after at least 24 months of active duty OR completion of Texas Basic Police Academy.
- Good Physical Condition
- Valid Texas Driver License
- No felony or Class A Misdemeanor Convictions
- No Class B Misdemeanor Conviction in the last 15 years
- No Penal Code conviction in the last 5 years
- No Family Violence
- No Recent Marijuana, K2 or Prescription Drug Abuse
- Stable Employment History
- Good Driving Record
Applicants must meet all licensing standards for appointment as a peace officer in the State of Texas. Candidates must complete and pass the following:
- Written and Physical Testing
- Background Investigation
- Polygraph Exam
- Medical Exam
- Drug Screening
- Psychological Exam
Joshua Police recruits must successfully complete the basic police academy, pass the TCOLE licensing test and satisfactorily complete the department field training program. Recruits become officers upon completion of initial training and will provide police services to the Joshua community.
To be scheduled for our next test call, contact Sgt. Jason Wright 817-558-3194.