Welcome to the Joshua Municipal Court.
The Municipal Court is the judicial branch of city government that provides a legal forum for persons allegedly in violation of Class C misdemeanors. The Municipal Court renders impartial support to complainants, witnesses, prosecutors, and defendants.
Please Contact the Court for any questions or explanations not addressed here.
The Court Clerk’s office is responsible for processing the clerical work of the court, setting trial dockets, collecting court fines and fees, maintaining court records and performing administrative duties delegated by the Municipal Court Judge. Court Clerks are not licensed attorneys and cannot provide legal advice. Please allow 2 working days for processing and filing before contacting the court regarding a citation. The prosecutor is only available at the first session.
- Court is held 1st Thursday and 3rd Tuesday of the month
- Court is held at Joshua City Hall, 101 South Main Street
- The mailing address for the Municipal Court of Joshua is 101 South Main Street, Joshua, Texas 76058
- Phone: 817-558-7447
- Municipal Court Clerk – Carla Bonham
RULES OF THE COURT
Under the inherent power and duty of all Texas courts as codified in Section 21.002, Government Code, the following Rules of Decorum shall apply and govern all proceedings before the Municipal Court of the City of Joshua in the County of Johnson, Texas.
WHILE COURT IS IN SESSION THERE SHALL BE:
- No smoking or use of tobacco products.
- No reading of newspapers or magazines during trial.
- No propping of feet on chairs or benches or sitting on tables or railings.
- No loud noises or talking.
- No gum chewing.
- No food or beverages.
- No gestures, facial expressions, or sounds indicating approval or disapproval.
- No in appropriate attire, including but not limited to shorts, hats, ripped or cut/torn clothing, tank tops, clothing that exposes the midriff, halter tops, or clothing with emblems or wording that promotes any illegal or in appropriate activity such as violence, sex acts, illegal drug use or profanity.
- No profanity.
- No children in the Court other than Defendants.
- No weapons.
- No electronic devices that are turned on or not on silent mode.
Please contact the Court.