RFQ – AUDITING SERVICES
COMPETITIVE SEALED STATEMENTS OF QUALIFICATIONS FOR ANNUAL AUDIT SERVICES FOR THE CITY OF JOSHUA, TEXAS WILL BE RECEIVED AT THE CITY HALL, 101 SOUTH MAIN ST, JOSHUA, TEXAS FROM 7:30 A.M. UNTIL 5:30 P.M. MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY, AND FROM 8:00 A.M. UNTIL 12:00 P.M. ON FRIDAY, STARTING MONDAY, MAY 7, 2018 UNTIL 5:30 P.M. ON MONDAY JUNE 4, 2018. ALL PROPOSALS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 5:30 P.M. ON MONDAY, JUNE 4, 2018.
ALL PROPOSALS MUST BE CLEARLY MARKED ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE SEALED ENVELOPE “ANNUAL AUDIT SERVICES PROPOSAL” “ATTENTION: JOANNA MCCLENNY HR/FINANCE MANAGER”.
THE CITY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ACCEPT OR REJECT ANY OR ALL PROPOSALS SUBMITTED, AND TO REQUEST ADDITIONAL INFORMATION IF NEEDED. THE PROPOSER SELECTED WILL BE THE FIRM WHICH, IN THE OPINION OF CITY COUNCIL, BEST MEETS THE NEEDS OF THE CITY.
CITY OF JOSHUA, TEXAS
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS FOR
ANNUAL AUDIT SERVICES
The City of Joshua, Texas (City) is soliciting proposals for providing audit services to the City in accordance with the specifications provided herein. The selected firm will provide services as an independent contractor to perform the audit services described in the Scope of Services section of the document. All responses must address the requirement, terms, and conditions as set forth in this Request for Qualifications. It is the City’s intent to retain the successful firm to perform the City’s annual audit for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, 2019, 2020, with an option to renew the contract for additional years.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The audit services to be performed will be conducted in accordance with auditing standards generally accepted in the United States of America, and the standards applicable to financial audits contained in Governmental Auditing Standards, and the provisions of U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular A-133, Audits of States, Local Governments and Non-Profit Organizations as well as the provisions of the Texas Public Funds Investment Act as amended.
- CITY INFORMATION RELEVANT TO AUDIT SERVICES
- The City’s 2017-18 expenditures were budgeted for $3.7M
- The City employs approximately thirty-six (36) full-time employees.
- The City provides sanitation services to its customer base.
- The City’s population is approximately 5910.
- The City utilizes Incode accounting software, which includes General Ledger, Payroll, and Utility Billing modules. All modules are integrated.
- The City’s funds include General Fund, Debt Service, Type A and Type B, Capital Improvement Program, Court Security, Court Technology.
- Audit Service will be drafting the City’s financial statements including notes.
QUALIFICATIONS OF AUDIT FIRM
The proposing audit firms shall submit a statement of its qualifications with the firm’s proposal for audit services. The statement shall include the following:
- Whether the firm is a national, regional, or local accounting firm licensed to practice public accounting in the state of Texas.
- Whether the firm, or any member of the firm, has been subjected to any type of disciplinary action of the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy and/or any other licensing board during the past three years.
- A list of Texas cities that the firm audits, or has audited, including the number of years the firm provided audit services, and the names and telephone numbers of contact persons.
- Identify the professional qualifications of the partners, key personnel, and the engagement team to be assigned to the audit. Prior supervisory audit experience in municipal government should be highlighted.
- Provide the names and qualifications of outside specialists and consultants, if any that may assist the firm’s personnel.
- Provide a copy of the firm’s most recent peer review report and any letter of comment, and any subsequent reports and letters of comment received since then.
- A brief discussion of the firm’s basic approach to the planning, performance, and conclusion of audit procedures including the final presentation to the City Council.
The City will select the “best qualified” public accounting firm. The firm selected must have previous experience in performing audits of municipal governments. The evaluation criteria will include assessment of the following factors:
- Years of experience of the firm and audit team in performing audits of municipal governments.
- Qualifications of personnel to be assigned as engagement partner, manager, and other members of the audit team.
- Knowledge of the reporting requirements as well as the basic concepts and conventions underlying local government accounting and financial reporting principles.
- The firm’s knowledge of computerized fund accounting systems and its history of engagements of evaluating such systems.
TIME FRAME FOR COMPLETION OF AUDIT AND SUBMISSION OF REPORTS
The City Manager has primary responsibility for audit coordination. The City Manager and the successful proposer shall meet and agree, in writing, on the time frame(s) for completing the audit services described in Section II of this RFQ. However, final audit must be completed and presented to Council at February Council Meeting.
- TIME FRAME FOR RESPONSE TO REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
If your firm desires to submit a proposal, please do so in a sealed envelope clearly labeled “Audit Services RFQ.” Mail to:
Joanna McClenny, HR/Finance Manager
City of Joshua, Texas
101 S. Main St.
Joshua, TX 76058
Deadline for submission is Monday, June 4, 2018. The Joshua City Council will vote on the successful proposer at the City Council meeting to be held on June 21, 2018. It should be understood that the City of Joshua reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal submitted, and to request additional information if needed. Furthermore, the proposer selected will be the firm which, in the opinion of City personnel and the City Council, best meets the needs of the City.
If you desire any additional information or clarification, please contact Joanna McClenny, Finance Manager at 817-558-7447, or via e-mail at email@example.com .
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
|May 6, 2018|
May 13, 2018
|Advertise RFQ notice in the Cleburne Times Review|
|May 7, 2018 – June 4, 2018||Receive Proposals from interested auditors no later than 5:30 p.m. June 4, 2018, at Joshua City Hall|
|June 5, 2018 – June 20, 2018||Review Proposals, contact applicants with questions, prepare recommendation for City Council award|
|June 21, 2018||City Council award contract at the Joshua City Hall|