May 2017 Election Results
Council Member Place 2 –
Council Member Place 5 –
Click here to view the unofficial tabulation.
May 2017 Election Update
The City of Joshua general election will be held Saturday, May 6, 2017 for the purpose of electing Council Member Place 2 for a three-year term and Council Member Place 5 for a three-year term.
On Election Day, voting will be conducted from 7 am until 7 pm at the Joshua Community Room located at 907 S. Broadway. Early voting will be conducted April 24th through May 2nd at City Hall, 101 S. Main Street.
Click below to view the Notice of General Election/Aviso de Eleccion General
Below is the List of Candidates / La Lista de Candidatos:
Place 2 Candidates
- Mike Kidd
- John G Schak Jr.
- April Simmons (Write-In)
Place 5 Candidate
- Jerry Moore
For additional information about City elections, please contact the City Secretary at (817) 558-7447.
NEW ELECTION IDENTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Photo identification is now required for Texas Voters. You must now present one of the following forms of photo ID when voting in person:
- Texas Driver’s License issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas Personal Identification Card issued by DPS
- Texas Concealed Handgun License issued by DPS
- US Military Identification Card containing your photograph
- US Citizenship Certificate containing your photograph
- US Passport
With the except of the US Citizenship Certificate, the identification must be current or have expired no more than 60 days before being presented for voter qualification at the polling place.