- Full Time City of Joshua Employee Benefits
- Texas Municipal Retirement System 7% 2 to 1 match
- Group medical, dental and life insurance with employee premiums paid
- Supplemental major medical benefits available through AFLAC
- 10 paid holidays
- 2 weeks vacation after first year
- 12 days of sick leave
THE CITY OF JOSHUA IS CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS:
PART-TIME SEASONAL PUBLIC WORKS CREW MEMBER
The City of Joshua invites qualified individuals to apply for the position of P/T Seasonal Public Works Crew Member. Duties include assisting in maintenance and repair of city streets, drainage cleaning, and building and grounds maintenance.
High School Diploma or GED required. Valid Class C Texas Driver’s License required.
Please send applications and/or resumes to Joanna McClenny at 101 S. Main Street, Joshua, TX 76058.
PART-TIME RECORDS MANAGEMENT CLERK
The City of Joshua’s Police Department invites qualified individual to apply the position of P/T Records Management Clerk being under general supervision to process various documents for storage, retrieval or destruction; perform a wide variety of complex and confidential duties requiring analysis and attention to detail.
- Provide assistance in the transportation of boxed documents from storage, organize and number boxes; maintain inventory in storage
- Collect, sort, prepare and scan documents; label and enter documents into the computer system; prepare files and forward documents for recycling and/or shredding or destruction
- Maintain files of official recorded documents; file and label documents for permanent storage; communicate and coordinate needs with departments
- Ensure documents are archived and properly located; maintain confidentiality
- Serve as an alternate receptionist; operate a telephone
- Work on special projects, as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Two (2) years demonstrable PC and data entry experience including advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Prefer two (2) years experience in records.
- Possession of a valid Texas driver’s license
- City policies and procedures
- Specialized computer scanning software; Windows, Adobe, and email
- Record keeping and file maintenance principles and procedures
- Filing methods and recordkeeping
- Proper printer and scanner operation
- Providing efficient customer service and communicating clearly and objectively
- Organizing with the ability to prioritize work and exercise independent judgment and initiative
- Thoroughly carrying out oral and written instructions
- Defining problems; explaining technical problems; and establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions
- Interpreting and applying information from technical manuals
- Operating a personal computer and various software applications
- Maintaining organization and a clean work station
- Attention to detail; understanding and retaining legal data
- Proper sorting, preparing, and organizing original documents; moving and re-filing of original documents and boxes
- Providing accurate indexing entry for departmental records
- Communicating workflow status and providing workflow suggestions; meeting strict deadlines
- Working well in a team environment, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including City and other government officials, community groups, and the general public; and applying safe work practices.