The City of Joshua’s Spring Clean-Up is scheduled for April 7-9, 2017 and the Fall Clean-Up is scheduled for November 3-5, 2017. Gates will be open from 7 am to 6 pm. Residents will be required to show proof of residency with a current trash bill. Only one (1) load per residence will be accepted. To drop off debris, use the 6th Street entrance to the Public Works Facility.
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS CLEAN-UP ITEMS WILL BE ACCEPTED ON JULY 29, 2017
Bring your hazardous materials for disposal because the Crude Cruiser will be in Joshua on JULY 29, 2017 from 9 am to 11 am!!!
You must purchase a voucher from the City for disposal and the fee is $47.00. The event will be at the Joshua Public Works Facility at 104 W 12th Street. Please enter at 6th Street and exit on 10th.
Questions?? Contact Kristin Hubacek at (817) 558-7447 or via email at email@example.com.
Household Hazardous Waste ACCEPTABLE Items: acids; aerosol cans; antifreeze; batteries (all kinds, including car batteries); brake fluid; cooking oil; craft chemicals; degreasers; drain cleaners; fertilizer; fluorescent light bulbs; compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs); herbicides; household chemicals; motor oil; paints and stains; paint thinners; pest strips; pesticides; pharmaceuticals; photo chemicals; pool chemicals; oil filters; transmission fluid; varnish.
Household Hazardous Waste UNACCEPTABLE Items: ammunition; asbestos; building materials; butane cylinders; electronics; explosives; medical waste; PCBs; propane cylinders; radioactive material; smoke detectors; tires; televisions.
– Bring liquid paint sorted by type (i.e. latex, oil based and lead based).
– Keep chemicals in their original containers; place broken or leaking containers in a second container of like material (i.e. glass for corrosives; metal for flammables).
– If a container has no label and its contents are known, please place a label on the container clearly stating the contents.
– Do not transport chemicals in the passenger compartment of your vehicle. Put them in the trunk.
NOTE: The City shall have the right to refuse to accept waste at the collection location in the reasonable judgment of the City if:
– The waste is not household hazardous waste.
– The waste fails to meet other established criteria established by the participating City agreement, or that have been established by Fort Worth subsequent to the execution of the agreement.
– The individual does not have sufficient identification to establish that he/she is a resident of the City of Joshua.
– The waste of the individual presents a hazard to the ECC or to persons or property at the EEC.